Saturday 8 October 2011

Welcome to Rogue Trader!

Welcome to my new blog, Rogue Trader. On this blog I will be sharing my thoughts and plans on the more creative and imaginitive ideas I have for my wargaming hobby. Whilst I will continue to post my ramblings regarding 'codex' Warhammer 40,000 on the fantastic 'Claws & Fists' blog, I will use this site to show off my modelling conversions, to review some of the great fan-written codexes (fan-dexes) and to plan and develop some fan-dexes of my own!

My first project will be to start work on an all-new Squats Codex. Some of you may already know that I did write a simple version last year, however it was very much the Imperial Guard codex with some renamed units and a few minor stat changes. This time around, I intend to create a brand new piece of work, complete with new units, unique wargear and of course a plethora of signiature Squat vehicles! I will also take the original background stories from the first and second editions of Warhammer 40,000 and revise it to suit the current 40k universe - including of course dealing with the bug infestation that supposedly rid the universe of Squats in the first place!

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the new blog will look forward to seeing how the squat codex takes shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The Squat Codex will take shape over the next couple of months, hopefully with input from the readers here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the new blog! I just came across a box of my old Squats but have no idea what to do with them. I'm excited to see what you have planned for their Codex, it sounds like a fun project.

    ReplyDelete